As “The Race” rapper Tay-K sits in a jail cell two years into his 55-year murder sentence, the 21-year-old tweeted out that he’s in the market for a new lawyer.
“I need a new appeal lawyer,” Tay-K simply wrote on Twitter. The rapper was sentenced to 55 years in prison in July 2019 for the murder of 21-year-old Ethan Walker during a 2016 home invasion in Mansfield, Texas. In November 2019, the rapper was indicted on a second murder charge for shooting 23-year-old Mark Anthony Saldivar in a 2017 robbery at a Chick-fil-A parking lot in San Antonio.
Tay-K has been relatively silent since his sentence began in 2019, but in 2020 rumors started to circulate of him allegedly stabbing a prison guard, and that he would potentially have his sentence extended as a result of the crime. Tay’s legal team quickly denied those claims.
“ALL RUMORS OF TAYMOR’S SENTENCING BEING EXTENDED ARE FALSE,” they wrote on Tay-K’s Twitter. “TAY HAS STAYED OUT OF TROUBLE AND THE MEDIA IS STILL FIGHTING AGAINST HIM TO PAINT AN UNTRUE NARRATIVE. APPEALS ARE STILL CONTINUING AND TAY WILL BE HOME SOON #FREETAYK.”
The rapper had previously spoken on the media’s poor portrayal of him and his crimes and criticized his management for saying he shouldn’t speak out against it.
“I wanna apologize to all my fans and supporters for letting my management and label convince me that it wouldn’t be a good decision to speak out against the way the media makes me look and the complete lies they spread,” he said in November 2019. “But I’m gonna make sure the truth about my life and my character gets out with or without management or a label. And whoever don’t like it fuck you.”
Revisit Tay-K’s “The Race” below.
Subscribe To Out Verge
Get The Most Important Stories Of The Day Straight To Your Inbox
More On OUT VERGE
Brandon Flowers Opens Up About His “Natural” Move Into Solo Music
News | August 21,2026Jonas Brothers are hitting the road for a 45-city tour
News | August 19,2026Matchbox Twenty Performance Goes Viral After Rob Thomas Hits Bandmate
News | August 18,2026Watch Now OUT VERGE
Brandon Flowers Opens Up About His “Natural” Move Into Solo Music
COMMENTS
BREAKING NEWS
-
Brandon Flowers Opens Up About His “Natural” Move Into Solo Music
-
Jonas Brothers are hitting the road for a 45-city tour
-
Matchbox Twenty Performance Goes Viral After Rob Thomas Hits Bandmate
-
Tony Hawk joins Interpol on stage for special San Diego introduction
-
Drake Opens Up About His Battle With Kendrick Lamar
-
Watch newly discovered footage of Oasis performing in Glasgow in 1994
-
Chappell Roan announces benefit event for trans youth and LGBTQ+ groups
-
Joe Jonas Says Debut Solo Album Struggles Led To Panic Attacks
-
Dove Ellis Reveals UK and Ireland Tour Dates for 2026
-
Gregg Araki says Charli XCX has a deep understanding of cinema



OUT VERGE COMMUNITY